A Connecting project must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for funding:
- involve a partnership of at least three organizations; one partner MUST be a legal organization and at least two MUST be community organizations
- provide legal information training to frontline workers and/or trusted intermediaries relating to legal problems experienced by their communities
- be developed for community workers that serve clients that do not speak English or French, or live in rural or remote communities
- be adaptable and useful to other organizations doing similar work
- use training approaches that are relevant and appropriate for adult learners, and explore the use of creative and innovative approaches to training.